Outfit details: White Maxi Dress (Old - Similar here and here) // Pom Pom Sandals (I made these! You can see the tutorial here. If you prefer to purchase I recommend here and budget friendly option here ) // Louis Vuitton Bag // Rose Gold Aviator Sunglasses (budget friendly here)
Outfit Details: My bathing suit is from Adore Me (last year). A review of their service and my suits are here. Other recommendations similar to this are here and here.
Back in December Joe and I went on a quick trip without the kids to South Beach, Miami! We do try to go away without the kids every so often. It's a really great way to reconnect and relax (hard to do with small children :)! I guess you could kind of call this a pre-baby moon since we didn't realize we were pregnant yet, ha! We had a lot of fun indulging in a mix of relaxation time and dining out at nice restaurants without having to constantly keep an eye on a little one. Definitely a different experience then what we were used to!
Here's a run down of all the amazing places we visited for atmosphere and food.
Breakfast & Snacks:
- Front Porch Cafe - This is a really popular place for breakfast so there is usually a wait. It was well worth it. The food was excellent and it was located in a less busy area of Ocean Ave. Casual atmosphere and good eats. Perfect for breakfast!
- Sugar Factory, Miami - We happened to be hungry early evening on our first day and decided to pop in here for a late afternoon snack. There was no shortage of sugary snacks and savory as well. We opted for some fun drinks and fell in love with the chocolate peanut butter martini! Yum!
- Delano - beautiful atmosphere out back by the garden and pool. The bar is located in the Delano Beach Club area. Probably pretty popular during the day.
- Casa Tua - We really wanted to have dinner here but the reservation situation was difficult. Friends of ours raved about this place and needless to say it was crazy popular. We opted for drinks and appetizers just to check it out. We weren't disappointed. If you can get reservations (do it in advance) I highly recommend Casa Tua for dinner.
- Bar Centro - located in SLS South Beach on Collins Ave we stopped in here while waiting for our table at Bazaar by Jose Andres (more about this restaurant below). The music was pumping and the crowd was a mix of ages. A really fun place to people watch and have some great drinks.
- Juvia - this great rooftop restaurant boasted amazing views and top notch food. The atmosphere was trendy and fun. Definitely a winner for a date night (vacation) away.
- The Bazaar by Jose Andres - by far our favorite dinning experience during our quick getaway. Their menu consisted of small bites combining Spanish and Latin cuisine. If you enjoy tapas and small bites this place definitely did it right!
Overall, we had a relaxing time, caught up on sleep & good eats and reconnected with each other! We couldn't have asked for a better getaway!
If you are getting ready for summer or have planned a fun warm weather vacation coming up here are some items I'm loving!